TITLE: Audio & Video Editing Tool Software
DATE: 7/31/2005 11:17:00 AM
Thanks to Chet F for sharing this with me:
Looking to create some really cool audio/video mixes?
GoldWave is a top rated, professional digital audio editor. It contains so many great features, you will be amazed by all the things it can do:
- Play, edit, mix, and analyze audio
- Record audio from cassettes, vinyl records, radio, etc. through your computer's line-in
- Record dictation through a microphone or play dictation back at a slower speed for transcription
- Record and edit audio for podcasting
- Apply special effects, such as fade, equalizer, doppler, mechanize, echo, reverse, flanger, and more
- Digitally remaster and restore old recordings with noise reduction and pop/click filters
- Make perfect digital copies of audio CD tracks using the CD Reader tool and save them in wma, mp3, ogg files
- Edit music for dance programs, figure skating, gymnastics
- Analyze human speech, bird song, whale song
- Demonstrate digital signal processing with filter effects and the expression evaluator tool
- View a variety of real-time visuals and VU meters
- Convert files to/from different formats, such as wav, wma, mp3, ogg, aiff, au, vox and even raw binary data
GoldWave is the most advanced and complete audio editor available in its price range. It includes all of the common audio editing commands and effects, plus powerful built-in tools such as a batch processor/converter, a CD reader, and audio restoration filters that cost extra in other similar programs. Comprehensive, easy to use, and efficiently engineered, GoldWave offers the best value in audio editing software. With over 10 years of development and widespread usage, it has an excellent and unmatched track record.
Try the fully functional evaluation version (v5.10, 2005/02/16) of GoldWave.
MULTIQUENCE is a remarkably flexible multitrack digital audio and video mixing program. Use it to:
- Mix any number of tracks into a single stereo file
- Create presentations with background music and/or video
- Edit home videos and add text captions and compositing effects
- Record and edit songs with separate instrument and vocal tracks
- Combine multiple layers of video into one AVI, QuickTime Movie, or Windows Media Video file
- Capture video from a video recorder, built-in TV tuner, or other video source.
- Simulate an automated radio station with 6 hours of playback time per project
Multiquence is designed for arranging and mixing many audio/video files into a single file. GoldWave is designed for detailed work on individual audio files.
How does Multiquence compare with GoldWave?
|Capability ||GoldWave ||Multiquence|
|Detailed editing of individual sound files ||Yes ||No|
|Easy mixing, cross-fading, and sequencing of many files ||No ||Yes|
|Audio restoration and noise reduction ||Yes ||No|
|Large number of included audio effects ||Yes ||No|
|Plug-in support ||Yes ||Yes|
|Dynamic panning and volume control ||Yes ||Yes|
|Video playback, editing, sequencing, and mixing ||No ||Yes|
|CD audio extraction ||Yes ||No|
|Real-time visuals ||Yes ||No|
|Real-time effects and editing ||No ||Yes|
|Drag-and-drop editing ||No ||Yes|
|Independent left and right channel editing ||Yes ||No|
|Batch format conversions ||Yes ||No|
|Cue points with large file splitting ||Yes ||No|
|Simultaneous, synchronized playback and recording ||Maybe ||Yes|
|Vocal cancellation effect ||Yes ||No|
|CD Burning ||No ||No|
|DVD Authoring ||No ||No|